Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Pk-59 mailers

  1. #11
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Matt P

    So the mailers are not just for K40, so...if I send a ektachrome cartridge in it to NJ, they will process it for me?
    Also,
    can you still buy the pk-59 mailers? If so, where? B&H...?
    Thnaks for the input

    Scott

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Hanthx:
    [B]Matt P

    So the mailers are not just for K40, so...if I send a ektachrome cartridge in it to NJ, they will process it for me?
    Also,
    can you still buy the pk-59 mailers? If so, where? B&H...?
    Thnaks for the input

    Scott

    B&H is in New York.

    Kodak's product number is 50016.
    B&H's product number is KoPK59.

    O.K., everyone write this down:
    Here's the link to order them: http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/defaul...rameWork.class

    Matt Pacini


    ------------------

  3. #13
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post


    But how does that mean they are being discontinued?

    -Alex

    ------------------

  4. #14
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post


    I keep missing the part that says the PK-59's are being discontinued.

    -Alex

    ------------------

  5. #15
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Red face

    I just called Kodak (they sent me to two different places) and there price for the mailers are $9.13 a piece.
    B&H pric is $5.59!
    Thats a great price if you dont have a Walmart near by, and if you shoot ektachrome, I cant think of a cheaper price in town.

    Thanks for the information Matt.
    but...are they going to be discontinued?
    Im going to go buy some now.

    Scott

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I never said they were going to be discontinued.

    Someone else here did.

    In fact, someone else here said they HAD ALREADY been discontinued.

    I have no evidence to that, and the fact that you can buy them, and B&H doesn't seem to know anything about them being dicontinued makes me a little suspicious that that may be a rumor, but I can't say that for sure.
    And yeah, $5.59 is really cheap. And that includes the couple bucks or so it would normally cost for return shipping from Switzerland.
    I've been using these for a few years, and I was surprised to hear all these people paying $10-15 for processing. So go get em'! Stock up!

    Matt Pacini


    ------------------

  7. #17
    c_77
    Guest c_77's Avatar

    Post

    Hello Everyone,
    I don't think Ektachrome VNF 7240 is to be used with the PK-59 mailers, nor can Dwayne's develop this film stock, i.e. Walmart. According to Kodak's website, under their Super 8mm Film Products they go on to mention, "Independent laboratory processing is required for this film." But for K-40 that Walmart arrangement cannot be beat. I think I'm going to try Prep Film out of Michigan for Ektachrome; their prices seem very reasonable. For instance, it's only $5 extra to push process, rather than $50 with J____P____. Has anyone used their services?

    ------------------

  8. #18
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Well, the Walmarts & Sam's clubs in my area look at me like I'm from Mars when I mention Super 8, so it must be a regional thing.

    Besides, I trust Kodak's processing more than some yahoo with a lab in his garage.
    I ran 250 rolls using PK-59's, and didn't have any problems, which is amazing.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  9. #19
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    My friendly Sam's & Walmarts do nothing but the inhouse one hour photo processing.
    Anyway, I wouldn't use it even if they did, so I guess it makes no difference.
    But I think this Dwayne has an agreement with only a certain area, or a certain number of Wallmarts.
    Yeah, stop paying $10-$15 a roll for processing guys!
    Use the PK-59's for all Kodachrome and Ektachrome processing (although you really should only shoot K-40!!!!!!!!)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  10. #20
    cameraguy
    Guest cameraguy's Avatar

    Post

    Just to clear up some potential confusion. DO NOT send the current Ektachrome 7240 in a pk59 mailer. Kodak does not process the stock.

    ------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •